Monday, April 26, 2010

Today's the Day...

Cue the dramatic music.

Today is the day of Blink's annual IEP meeting.  I am reluctant to write much about it in advance, but given my last meeting  at his school....well, gentle reader, I will leave it to you to make the appropriate inferences.

So as a last hurrah before I dig into my preparations (ah, hello to my old friend Wrightslaw: From Emotions to Advocacy: The Special Education Survival Guide... and newcomer How Well Does Your IEP Measure Up? Quality Indicators for Effective Service Delivery) let me share a few happy notes from this weekend:

*  Blink started tickling me!  It sounds funny, but this is totally new. While K and I often play chasing/tickling games with Blink's sister, he usually remains on the sidelines.  Not so this weekend!  He initiated many a game of "get Mama" this weekend. It was good for my soul.

* I told Blink "no, not right now" to a request this morning and he responded.... wait for it....  "Oh, ok."  ??!!??!!!!!  Now tell me that isn't a moment to savor.

* Blink is eagerly awaiting our tulips to bloom so that he can pick one and bring it to his sweet friend at school.  This will be the third year in a row he's brought her a tulip. (And the last, because they'll be at different schools next year.)  Sniff. Always nice to see him be thoughtful.

No comments: